P22 Late November Font Family $120 | 8 x TTF and OTF
- P22 Late November is a new font family from Norwegian type designer Torliev Sverdrup.
- The font is a transitional Antiqua-inspired type design great for text and display uses.
P22 Larkin Font Family $25 | 1 x TTF and OTF
- This font is based on a lettering style used as a logotype for the Larkin Company circa 1900.
- The Larkin Company began as a soap company in the late 1800s and eventually grew into a gigantic mail-order and chain store which manufactured and sold a wide variety of products. The Buffalo, New York based Larkin Soap Company was one of the first to offer promotional “premiums” to its customers to encourage sales. This marketing proved so successful that The Larkin Company started its own pottery to produce China and later furniture and other items which became products themselves.
- One of the Larkin Company’s star salesmen and exectutives retired early in 1893 to start his own venture. Elbert Hubbard combined his tremendous salesmanship with his love of the Arts and Crafts movement to found the famous Roycroft movement based in East Aurora New York.
- The other executives in the Larkin Company enlisted Frank Lloyd Wright to design the Larkin Administration building as well as several residences for various members of the families of the Larkin executives, most notably Darwin D. Martin.
- The Larkin Administration Building was demolished by short-sighted developers in the 1950s, but most of the Wright designed residences still exist. The remaining Larkin warehouse buildings are currently undergoing major renovations. This font was commissioned to serve as signage and titling for materials related to the LCo. Building which houses premium office space as well as a caf., day care and museum in the original Larkin company spirit.
- This lettering style is unusual in that combines aspects of several lettering styles. It is essentially a Germanic Blackletter but with many romanized capital letters and also features an italic slant along with some italic lower case traits. It is evocative of “old world” craftsmanship and early 20th century romanticism . The full font was developed was developed based on the limited “logos” which were all essential hand rendered variations of each other. The source Letters came from signage with the words: “The Larkin Co.”, “The Larkin Store” & “Larkin Soap Co.”
P22 Hedonic Font Family $140 | 12 x TTF and OTF
- This 12-font family employs several unique features including a 2-part Chisel set which allows for the look of stone incised lettering.
- Hedonic has just a hint of a slab serif and even that is used so sparingly that it almost feels like a sans serif font. Its design does appear to be painfully simple but there are many interesting features including a selection of weights, small caps with old style numerals and display weights that make it very useful. And legible. The lower case small caps match the x height of the roman weights and the caps are 75% of the cap height – providing three different evenly weighted caps heights to take advantage of. Old style numerals are included with the small caps and italics.
- The Black Caps are extremely heavy and only meant to be used for display purposes. Also for display purposes are two “Chisel” fonts. Used together, set one on top of the other, they create a stylish 3d effect – ideal for logos and headlines or anything that needs a strong graphic punch. Hedonic may not be as eccentric many fonts out there but overall it is clean and legible with a few extra flourishes to stand out from the crowd!
P22 Freely Font Family $25 | 1 x TTF and OTF
- A loosely-written, slightly irregular but very legible handwriting style. Useful for the personal touch on menus, advertisements, greeting cards, flyers etc.
P22 Festiva Font Family $30 | 1 x TTF and OTF
- Festiva is based on lettering found on a 1960s kitchen appliance catalog. It evokes 1960s TV and pop culture while still having a contemporary feel.
- The fun exuberant flavor of this face is perfect for parties and celebrations. The letters dance across the baseline and the lower case wants to be an upper case but just can't quite make it.
- P22 Festiva Regular includes a full unicode European Character set (Western, CE, Turkish, Romanian etc).
P22 Elven Font Family $25 | 1 x TTF and OTF
- The rounded shapes of this font show the influence of the 10th-century Irish half-uncial. Effective for projects dealing with mystery, fantasy, or historical drama.
P22 Dwiggins Font Family $40 | 2 x TTF and OTF
- Dwiggins Uncial is named in honor of William Addison Dwiggins (1880-1956), one of the premier graphic designers of the first half of the 20th century. He worked as an illustrator and calligrapher, while pursuing other artistic endeavors, such as his highly regarded marionette theatre. Personally Dwiggins was a modest man, but his modernist book and type designs (many of which, such as Caledonia and Electra are still in wide use) continue to influence and inspire contemporary designers.
- This particular face, Dwiggins Uncial, is based on calligraphy Dwiggins created for a self-penned short story, which appeared as an insert in the book-arts publication The Dolphin (1935). This self-described “experimental uncial” lettering features rather unusual treatments of letterforms which combine manuscript calligraphy with modern idiosyncrasies.
- Although Dwiggins illustrated a number of books using conventional media, he is best known for his method of illustration that uses a series of hand-cut celluloid stencils or what he called “machine ornaments.” With these stencils Dwiggins (and other designers who use his ornaments) build-up repeated motifs and patterns into abstract designs and/or representational images which have a look that is uniquely Dwiggins' own. Unlike other illustrators, Dwiggins' style has not been commonly imitated and therefore diluted--his style is as distinctive today as it was 70 years ago. This set of decorative extras features 62 stencil and woodblock motifs adapted from abstract and representational Dwiggins designs.
P22 Durer Caps Font Family $25 | 1 x TTF and OTF
- Durer Caps is four fonts in one.
- Based on master artist Albrecht Durer’s 1525 geometric construction of Roman capitals, this font features A to Z caps only. But there are three variations included: 1) filled; 2) unfilled; and 3) letters only.
- The last two feature a unique two-color overlay option.
P22 Dearest Font Family $50 | 3 x TTF and OTF
- Dearest is a distinct flowing script based on handwritten characters found in a 19th Century German book chronicling a history of the Middle Ages Originally released in 2001 as a set containing two styles, Script and Swash, Dearest is now expanded in 2014 as a pro font with several hundred new characters including support for Central European, Cyrillic and Greek languages. Other Opentype features include ligatures, fractions and figures, Roman numerals, alternate letterforms and more swashes to expand the possibilities of this designer-friendly font.
- In addition to the Dearest Pro font, a new companion font has been added- P22 Dearest Alternates. The characters contained in this font are part of the pro font, but are also designed to be used with Dearest Script and Dearest Swash and is intended for those who have applications that do not support Opentype features.
P22 Coda - Font Family $240 | 24 x TTF and OTF
- Coda Pro is a simple but decorative and controlled sans serif design.
- Coda literally means ‘tail’ (Italian, from latin cauda) and refers to the way the letters h, m and n stretch below the writing line towards the end of a sentence or before a final stop.
- Coda Pro is an elegant and contemporary font suited for display purposes.
P22 Chai Tea Font Family $90 | 3 x TTF and OTF
- P22 Chai Tea is unique among brush lettering scripts. Its sweeping strokes and luxurious use of horizontal space lend personality and warmth to any project. Its sturdy letterforms make it ideal for logos, stationery, titling and packaging.
- The Pro version is stacked with alternative characters and ligatures programmed to substitute contextually in programs that support OpenType features. In addition, Chai Tea Pro contains Central European Language support that also includes many ligatures with accented characters.
P22 Casual Script Font Family $50 | 4 x TTF and OTF
- P22 Casual Script Pro is a flexible OpenType font based on mid-20th Century hand drawn advertising lettering scripts. As an alternate to thicker casual script styles, this free-flowing thin brush style is evocative of vintage product advertisements and packaging lettering and is highly suitable for a retro flavor. The Pro font includes over 500 glyphs with at least 2 of all upper and lower case characters with OpenType scripting and ligatures for a more natural and random effect. There is also a unique feature not found in other script fonts: Small Caps! While it may seem unnatural for a script font to have small caps, these work well as an authentic variation of brush script lettering for advertising. Also included in the Pro version is a full Central European character set, swash characters and more.
- OpenType features include: Small Caps, ligatures, discretionary ligatures, swashes, contextual alternates, stylistic alternates, Old Style/Lining Figures
P22 Avocet Font Family $80
- A light chancery script font influenced by both the hand-held pen and the typefounder’s machinery. The curves are reminiscent of the beak of the avocet, a wading bird. This font was originally engraved in metal and copper matrices made for casting into hot metal type for letterpress printing.
P22 Aragon Font Family $25
- A whimsical font with robust curlicues. Designed for display lines on show programs, posters, print ads etc. Many (but not all) of the letters are based on rounded Lombardic medieval forms.
P22 Amelia Jayne Font Family $80
- Amelia Jayne is Ted Staunton’s updated revision and expansion of his own Amelia decorative cap font. Amelia Jayne started as a Roman font to accompany the Amelia initials but has taken on a new life as a Pro Roman font with small caps and several variations of new matching initial companion fonts. (The initials are not included in the pro font but come bundled with the set.)