3D Tutorials - Character Creation for Videogames
English | 1152x720 | 2 hours 30 mins | MP4 | 1.80 GB
This set of tutorials should give you a overall idea of the process of character creation. It does not go into technical details of the sofware that is being used, but should give you ideas and suggestions of different tools and methods in the process.
1. MATCHING LOW_RES TO CONCEPT
Using the base template, adapt it so the silhouete matches the concept art:
* Prepare mesh for Zbrush work (UVgroups/Polygroups)
* Align mesh to concept art
* Align head to concept art
* Tweak head details
* Tweak eyes and hair position
* Fix arm angle and overlapping issues
* Cleanup mesh in Max
2. UNWRAPPING THE HEAD
Detail overview of Unwrapping the low-res Head:
* Prepare different groups
* Tweak Jaw
* Tweak mouth
* Tweak Eyes
* Cleanup and test Unwrap
* Prepare UV groups for Zbrush
3. MODELLING HIGH RES HEAD
Starting with the base template head we sculpt a High res head using the concept as guideline.
* Basic shape and overall layout for the main shapes
* Working on details
* Creating Hair
* Review Head
05 - MODELLING BODY
Creation of the High res body following the concept and then the low res version to use ingame.
* Review of the concept and preparation of the model
* Review of basic High res model in Max and changes from the original concept
* High res modelling in Zbrush
* Retopologize body in Zbrush
* Export to max
05 - PREPARE MODEL FOR TEXTURING
Preparing model to be textured in Photoshop. Includes importing all the low and high res parts into Max, Unwrap them and create Normal and Ambient Occlusion maps.
* Import Low and High Res Head
* Fix geometry, topology and UVW map for Low res Head
* Optimize High res Head in Polygoncruncher
* Create Normal and AO pass for Head
* Unwrap Low poly body
* Export High Res body from Zbrush and batch optimize
* Create Normal and AO pass for Body
* Review mesh in Asset Viewer
Final step of the model creation. Texture work in Photoshop and any aditional tweaks to the low poly geometry to support the textures.
* Create base texture for head
* Create base texture for hair
* Create base texture for shirt and tie
* Create base texture for trousers
* Create base texture for shoes
* Clean up and review textures.
7. REVIEW AND CONCLUSION
Review of the model and any changes that were made in the end. Overview of aditional texture and geometry tweaks and what could be improved.
Normal map Editing
Mirror Wupload :
Mirror FileServe :
Mirror UploadStation :
TO MAC USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
RAR Expander 0.8.5 Beta 4 and extract password protected files without error.
TO WIN USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
Latest Winrar and extract password protected files without error.