Frans Hals Museum - Art Museum in Harlem, known as the Museum of the Golden Age of Dutch painting. The museum was founded in 1862 and originally located in a newly renovated former Cloître in the back of City Hall, known as the Prinsenhof. Basis of the collection was a rich collection of paintings from City Hall that included including more than a dozen paintings by Frans Hals, in whose honor and was named the museum. The museum moved to the present building in 1913 Kolletsiya contemporary art museum located in the branch, located in a former meat and fish trading stalls in the city center.
- Classic collection of the museum is located in the former poorhouse Haarlem (Netherlandish Oudemannenhuis), founded in 1609. The living quarters were arranged around a courtyard, typical harlemskogo hofe. Each of the thirty tiny houses, almshouses was inhabited by two old men, to have the right to live there they should be at least 60 years old, lonely and are inhabitants of Haarlem. In almshouse, each of them took with his belongings: a bed, chair, potty, three blankets, six good shirts and six nightcap. Doors were locked in the poorhouse eight o'clock in the summer and seven winter. The inhabitants of almshouses were regularly beg, a sculpture of the person for alms cup in hand, can be seen in the lobby of the museum. Hospice operated five regents, pictures with their image of the Frans Hals museum exhibits.
- In 1810 the building accommodated an orphanage. Conditions of life in an orphanage in the XIX century are well described in the autobiographical short stories by Jacob Loy. In 1913 the building was transferred to the museum. The old part of the museum's collection originated from the time of the Reformation, and consists mainly of paintings on religious themes. In 1648 the painting owned by the Roman Catholic Church were confiscated by the city council. Frans Hals worked as a restorer of the city's first official hired by the city authorities and is working to restore clicked into the possession of the city fabric. Then in the 17 th century to decorate the town hall city council ordered a few paintings on related past Haarlem historical themes - the siege Damiata and the legend of the shield Haarlem. At this time the Town Hall functioned as a semi-official museum.
- Between 1605 and 1635 years. in Haarlem were created more than 100 thousand paintings. Not all of them survived, most of them are outside of Haarlem in many museums around the world, but this figure gives an idea about the number of the artist creates in the city at that time. Most of the work came to our days largely due to the "Book of the artist" Karel van Mander was published in 1604.
TO MAC USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
RAR Expander 0.8.5 Beta 4 and extract password protected files without error.
TO WIN USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
Latest Winrar and extract password protected files without error.